Tuesday, December 9, 2014

WHY PLAY HARP?


The first album I ever bought was John Lee Hooker and Canned Heat. Of course if you have listened to that you would know that the “harp” plays a special role.
I have been playing piano for my own pleasure since I was a kid and continue to work on improving but of course if you want to move around a bit it is a bit difficult to take the piano. I have a lovely Kawai grand but the little harp just fits in my pocket.
These days I am working as an artist and the piano shares space in my studio which opens out into our covered back patio and doubles as a performance or workshop space.  Over the years we have had a regular end of year show when I would play, along with all the kids who were learning instruments. Most of those kids now are professional musicians! But I stick to my art
In addition to painting I have recently started to build skills working with glass with very pleasing results. 
You are most welcome to visit the studio.
Nada Murphy
Fine Artist
10 Holland Street
Wembley WA 6014
+61 08 93873162

+61 0400031952

No comments: